Starting on February 1st, 2019, we will be making a few changes to the Player Support Exception Policy for World of Tanks: Mercenaries.
Players will continue to enjoy the help of Player Support in reversing specific in-game actions and also continue to receive up to 4 of these Exceptions per year. These changes are necessary as a handful of players are currently abusing the policy for an unintended benefit – we want to retain this service for players who truly need it while removing specific loopholes. The main change you will notice to our Exception Policy starting on February 1st, 2019 is that Premium Vehicle Restoration will now require that you pay the full silver value of the tank to have it restored. We will also be increasing the number of tanks allowed per exception from 5 to 20.
To briefly recap the Exception policy, players receive up to 4 Exceptions per calendar year, which can be used to reverse certain in-game actions (see the list below for specifics). At the start of a calendar year, players are granted 4 new exceptions. Most Exceptions only apply to actions that occurred within the current calendar year – for example, Exceptions granted in 2018 can typically only be used to reverse in-game actions that occurred within 2018. This does not apply to the restoration of Premium Vehicles that can be restored even if they were sold outside of the current calendar year. Unused exceptions do not roll over to the following year.
You can read more about the Player Support Exception Policy here:
Due to the changes we are making to the exception policy, we will be extending the exceptions you received in 2018 through the 31st of January 2019. We will also be granting all players one bonus exception for the month of January 2019 following the 2018 policy rules see here: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Gold to Silver conversions.
- Premium Vehicles Restorations.
- Consumables purchased using Gold.
- Garage Slot not included within a tank bundle.
- Purchase of Premium Time (must not have any battles played).
- Unused Premium Vehicles (must not have any battles played).
Players can restore previously owned Premium Vehicles if they meet the following criteria:
- There must be records demonstrating ownership of the vehicle and have at least one battle played;
- You must have a free Garage Slot for the vehicle to be restored;
- You must have a sufficient silver balance and allow us to remove the full cost of the tank in silver
- Tanks originally purchased using gold will require 400 silver for every 1 gold spent. For example, a 1,000-gold tank will require 400,000 silver to restore.
- For each exception, you must state clearly in the ticket what tanks you want back and check to ensure you have the full cost of the tanks prior to contacting support.
- Sold Basic Tech Tree Vehicles (these can be repurchased from the tech tree)
- Restoring any Mercenary tank gained by completing the contracts
- Revert any accidental purchase or buyout for any contract
- Actions dealing with Crew and/or Crew XP
- Used Experience or Research
- Converting Vehicle XP to Free XP
- Actions prior to January 1 of the current year, except for vehicle restoration as noted
- Garage, Hangar, or Port Slots bundled with Vehicle Bundles
- Camouflage, Inscriptions, or Emblems bought using Gold or silver
There comes a time when an accidental purchase happens or an account gets compromised and you need to reach out to Player Support. In the cases shown below, your annual exception allotment will not be used:
- Refund for a bundle when none of the contents have been used.
- Refund for a Premium tank when it has not been used in any battle (war stories, multiplayer, proving grounds).
- Compromised account when extensive damage has been caused.
- Please note: support cannot always restore the account fully but will always restore what we can when technically possible.
The Exception Offer is a courtesy service from Player Support. Any or all disputed actions dealing with purchased content on a player's account will be directed back to the Wargaming.net Terms of Service and End User License Agreements. The use of Exceptions, and the number of Exceptions available to an individual, are at the sole discretion of the Player Support team.